What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Other similar files work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited on our Site and others and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to control and delete cookies
- Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies. Please note that, as these websites are not owned or operated by us, we are not responsible for any of the content on them.
- Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this Site.
Third party cookies
- The third party cookies used in connection with this Site include:
- Social media cookies/plugins. We include a variety of social media features on the pages of the Site that record your interactions with those features with your accounts with various social networking sites (e.g. Facebook and Google+ buttons). For these to work, the social networking site will set/read cookies through our Site to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- Embedded third party content. Some of the content on our Site (e.g. maps or videos) is provided by online services operated by third parties. When you visit a page containing content from one of these services, a cookie may be set by the relevant third party.
- Advertising cookies. We also use and work with a number of third party suppliers and partners who set cookies on this Site in order to deliver [targeted and non-targeted] advertising to you. Please see a summary of the third party advertising cookies used in the table below. If you would like more information about the cookies used by these organisations or would like to access a tool which you can use to disable them, please visit the Your Online Choices site at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices or click on the AdChoices logo that you will see in the corner of advertisements that carry behavioural targeting cookies.
6. Below is a summary of the third party cookies used in connection with this Site:
5. Email tracking
- Some of the emails we send to you may contain a ‘web beacon pixel’ or tracked links which allows us to identify when you have opened the email and to verify which links contained in the email you have accessed. We use this information to determine which parts of our emails are of most interest to you.
- You can delete the pixel by deleting the email. If you do not wish to download the pixel to your computer or other device, you can ensure this by selecting to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
- Alternatively you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Contact us
- If you have any questions or concerns about cookies or your privacy when using this Site, please contact us:
- By post at Unit 1 & 2 Barrel Yard, Vinery Way, Hammersmith, W6 0L
- By telephone on: +44 (0) 20 3355 9097
- By email at email@example.com